|SWL2.5, SWL5, SWL10, SWL15, SWL20, SWL25, SWL35, SWL50, SWL100, SWL120
|Basic lifting component, compact structure, small size, light weight, no noise, safe and convenient, flexible use, high reliability, wide power source, multiple supporting functions, long service life
|Single or combined use, can accurately control the adjustment of lifting or pushing height according to a certain program, can be directly driven by motor or other power, can also be manual
|Lifting Efficiency and Load Capacity
|Special and advanced technology has been developed to improve the overall performance of the jack
|Type 1 – Screw moves axially; Type 2 – Screw rotates, nut moves axially
|Type A – Screw/nut moves upwards; Type B – Screw/nut moves downwards
|Screw Head Type
|Type 1 structure screw head: Type I (cylindrical), Type II (flange), Type III (threaded), Type IV (flat head); Type 2 structure screw head: Type I (cylindrical), Type III (threaded)
|Ordinary speed ratio (P), slow speed ratio (M), medium speed ratio (F) can be customized according to user requirements
|Lifting Load Capacity
|2.5kN, 5kN, 10kN, 15kN, 20kN, 25kN, 35kN, 50kN, 100kN, 120kN
|Type 1 structure: basic type (no protection), anti-rotation type (F), with protective cover (Z), anti-rotation and protective cover (FZ); Type 2 structure: basic type (no protection)
Product description: SWL series worm gear screw lift is a basic lifting component with many advantages such as compact structure, small volume, light weight, no noise, safety and convenience, flexible use, high reliability, wide power source, many supporting functions and long service life. It can be used singly or in combination, can adjust the height of lifting or advancing accurately according to certain procedures, and can be driven directly by electric motor or other power, or manually. In order to improve the efficiency and carrying capacity of SWL series worm gear screw lift, special and advanced technology is developed to improve the comprehensive performance of the lift to meet the requirements of the majority of customers. SWL series worm gear screw lift has different structure types and assembly types, and the lifting height can be customized according to the user’s requirements.
Q:What information should I tell you to confirm speed reducer?
A: Model/Size, Transmission Ratio, Shaft directions & Order quantity.
Q:What if I don’t know which gear reducer I need?
A:Don’t worry, Send as much information as you can, our team will help you find the right 1 you are looking for.
Q:What should I provide if I want to order NON-STANDERD speed reducers?
A: Drafts, Dimensions, Pictures and samples if possible.
Q:What is the MOQ?
A: It is OK for 1 or small pieces trial order for quality testing.
Q:How long should I wait for the feedback after I send the inquiry?
A: Within 6 hours
Q:What is the payment term?
A:You can pay via T/T(30% in advance+70% before delivery), L/C ,West Union etc
|Standard or Nonstandard:
|Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
Can worm gears be used in precision manufacturing equipment?
Yes, worm gears can be used in precision manufacturing equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of their use in precision manufacturing:
1. Precision Motion Control: Worm gears can provide precise motion control in manufacturing equipment. Their design allows for high gear ratios, which enables fine adjustments and precise positioning. This is particularly useful in applications where accurate and repeatable movement is required, such as CNC machines, robotic arms, and coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
2. Load Holding and Backdriving Prevention: Worm gears have a self-locking characteristic, meaning they can hold loads in position without the need for additional brakes or clutches. This feature is advantageous in precision manufacturing equipment where holding a position is critical. The self-locking property also helps prevent backdriving, ensuring stability and accuracy during operation.
3. Compact Design: Worm gears have a compact design, which can be beneficial in space-constrained manufacturing equipment. Their worm and worm wheel configuration allows for a compact footprint, making them suitable for applications where size limitations exist.
4. High Torque Transmission: Worm gears can transmit high torque, making them suitable for heavy-duty precision manufacturing equipment. The meshing of the worm and worm wheel generates a large contact area, enabling efficient power transfer and load handling capabilities.
5. Reduced Noise and Vibration: Worm gears operate with a sliding motion rather than a rolling motion, resulting in reduced noise and vibration levels. This characteristic is advantageous in precision manufacturing equipment, as it helps maintain a quieter working environment and minimizes potential disturbances that could affect the precision of the manufacturing process.
6. Lubrication and Maintenance: Proper lubrication is crucial for the efficient and reliable operation of worm gears in precision manufacturing equipment. Lubricants help reduce friction and wear between the gear teeth, ensuring smooth and accurate motion. Regular maintenance and lubrication schedules should be followed to optimize gear performance and extend their service life.
While worm gears offer several advantages in precision manufacturing equipment, it’s important to consider the specific requirements of the application. Factors such as gear ratio, efficiency, backlash, and operating conditions should be carefully evaluated to ensure that worm gears are the appropriate choice for achieving the desired precision and performance.
Overall, worm gears can be successfully utilized in precision manufacturing equipment, providing precise motion control, load holding capabilities, compactness, and high torque transmission. When properly selected, installed, and maintained, worm gears can contribute to the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of precision manufacturing processes.
Can worm gears be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations?
Yes, worm gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations. Here’s a detailed explanation of the suitability of worm gears for different orientations:
1. Horizontal Orientation: Worm gears are commonly used in horizontal orientations and are well-suited for such applications. In a horizontal configuration, the worm gear’s weight is primarily supported by the bearings and housing. The lubrication and load-carrying capabilities of the gear design are optimized for horizontal operation, allowing for efficient power transmission and torque generation. Horizontal worm gear applications include conveyor systems, mixers, mills, and many other industrial machinery setups.
2. Vertical Orientation: Worm gears can also be used in vertical orientations, although there are some additional considerations to address in such cases. In a vertical configuration, the weight of the worm gear exerts an axial force on the worm shaft, which can introduce additional load and affect the gear’s performance. To ensure proper operation in a vertical orientation, the following factors should be considered:
- Thrust load handling: Vertical orientations impose a thrust load on the worm gear due to the weight of the gear and any additional external loads. The gear design should be capable of handling and transmitting this thrust load without excessive wear or deformation. Proper bearing selection and lubrication are crucial to support the axial load and maintain optimal performance.
- Lubrication: Lubrication becomes even more critical in vertical worm gear applications. Adequate lubrication ensures proper lubricant film formation to minimize friction, reduce wear, and dissipate heat generated during operation. Careful consideration should be given to the lubricant type, viscosity, and lubrication method to ensure effective lubrication, particularly in the upper parts of the gear where lubricant distribution may be more challenging.
- Backlash control: In vertical orientations, gravity can cause the load to act on the gear in the opposite direction, potentially leading to increased backlash. Proper gear design, including tooth geometry and clearance adjustments, can help minimize backlash and ensure precise motion control and positional stability.
- Bearing selection: The choice of bearings becomes crucial in vertical worm gear applications. Thrust bearings or combinations of thrust and radial bearings may be required to handle the axial and radial loads effectively. Bearings with appropriate load-carrying capacities and stiffness are selected to ensure smooth operation and minimize deflection under vertical loads.
- Sealing: Vertical orientations may require additional sealing measures to prevent lubricant leakage and ingress of contaminants. Proper sealing and protection mechanisms, such as seals or gaskets, should be implemented to maintain the integrity of the gear system and ensure reliable operation.
In summary, worm gears can be utilized in both horizontal and vertical orientations. However, certain considerations related to thrust load handling, lubrication, backlash control, bearing selection, and sealing should be taken into account for vertical applications. By addressing these factors appropriately, worm gears can effectively transmit power and torque, whether in horizontal or vertical configurations.
Are there different types of worm gears available?
Yes, there are different types of worm gears available to suit various applications and requirements. Here are some of the commonly used types:
Single Enveloping Worm Gear:
The single enveloping worm gear, also known as a cylindrical worm gear, has cylindrical teeth on the worm wheel that mesh with the helical thread of the worm. The teeth of the worm wheel wrap around the worm in a single enveloping manner. This design provides better contact and load distribution, resulting in higher load-carrying capacity and smoother operation. Single enveloping worm gears are commonly used in heavy-duty applications where high torque transmission is required.
Double Enveloping Worm Gear:
The double enveloping worm gear is a specialized type of worm gear that provides even greater load-carrying capacity compared to the single enveloping design. In a double enveloping worm gear, both the worm and the worm wheel have curved tooth profiles. The teeth of the worm wrap around the worm wheel while the teeth of the worm wheel wrap around the worm. This double enveloping action increases the contact area, improves load distribution, and enhances the gear’s efficiency. Double enveloping worm gears are used in applications that demand high torque and precision, such as aerospace and defense industries.
Non-enveloping Worm Gear:
The non-enveloping worm gear, also known as a non-throated worm gear, has a worm wheel with teeth that do not fully wrap around the worm. Instead, the worm wheel has straight or slightly curved teeth that engage with the helical thread of the worm. Non-enveloping worm gears are simpler in design and less expensive to manufacture compared to enveloping worm gears. They are commonly used in applications with moderate loads and where cost is a consideration.
Self-locking Worm Gear:
Self-locking worm gears are designed with a specific helix angle of the worm’s thread to provide a self-locking effect. This means that when the worm is not actively driving the worm wheel, the worm wheel is prevented from rotating backward and can hold its position securely. Self-locking worm gears find applications in systems where holding position or preventing backdriving is crucial, such as elevators, lifts, and certain industrial machinery.
These are just a few examples of the different types of worm gears available. The choice of worm gear type depends on factors such as the application requirements, load capacity, efficiency, and cost considerations.
editor by CX 2023-12-13